Monday, January 18, 2010

Paintings in Collector's Homes


Once in awhile, I receive a photo from a collector who lets me know how the "Brent Jensen" original looks in their home. This photo shows three of my paintings from one of my collectors in Atlanta, Georgia. I enjoy receiving these images as my paintings feel in some ways like children. I know they have to leave home, but it is nice to have a peek into the existence of the world in which they live.  I was at a dinner party this weekend in Palm Springs at a home of another collector. I hadn't seen my paintings that collector had purchased for several years and it was so comforting to see them again in person.  Not only did I enjoy feeling they stood the test of time, but it also hit home to me that my artwork will live on long after I eventually am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment