Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Zealand Studies

Here are four of the studies painted from my recent New Zealand paint trip.

Avon River, Christchurch -  In my previous post, you saw a video clip of this scene with a punting boat going by just as I began to paint. This is the finished 5 x 7 study. I will paint a much larger version in my studio that will include punting boats.

View of Lake Hayes - I painted this study on a beautiful afternoon. New Zealand is about as long as California and with the many lakes, rivers, islands and oceans in and around this beautiful country, water will be featured in many of my New Zealand collection paintings.

TSS Earnslaw - This is a coal-fired steamship in Queenstown which has been operating since 1912. Seeing it instantly takes you back a century.

Kennedy Point Winery - This was the first of many wineries I visited during my trip. You didn't think I only painted, did you? It overlooks Waiheke Island's Kennedy Bay and is built around several pohutukawa trees which are sacred to the Maori.

No comments:

Post a Comment