Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mare Island

I moved to Mare Island recently. It is located in the North Bay area of San Francisco. It is an ideal location for a plein air painter because its situated less than 30 minutes from Napa and I love to paint vineyard scenes. Within 45 minutes, I can be painting in Bodega Bay or the Russian River. When I don't want to drive, I can walk from the house and paint a local scene on the island. We have a marina, original military officer housing with unique architecture, one of the oldest churches on the west coast with Tiffany stain glass windows, our own golf course, sweeping views of the San Pablo Bay and beautiful 150 year old Euculyptus trees. When I lived in Southern California, I used to take paint trips to Northern California a few times a year. Each time, I dreamed of one day living in the area. Dreams do come true.
This old cottage and shed is just down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment